Now that the date of my embarkation has been set I find myself thinking of both my military and religious careers. (One of the advantages of being two individuals is having two careers.) Soon to be a member of a volunteer clergy I find myself considering the words of a young boy named Morris in the film "Waking Ned Devine." When asked if he could be drawn to the church he replies, "I don't think I could work for a person that I've never met and not get paid for it."
My military career led me to my death, an unfortunate event on numerous counts, but brought a good sense of structure in my life. (The structure of my early life was constructed mainly from the radio program that we, the Glasses, put on.) But really that is neither here nor there, and how I got here is a mystery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Sometimes things are special".
i still think working for God is better than working for the military. i just don't think i could work for that corporation.
Post a Comment