Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You better, you better, you bet it was a good trip


We, the Glasses, have just recently returned from a journey to Hollywood. We were all pretty concern about the trip and all the things that could go wrong. Fortunately, everything went very well and a good time was had by all. I was afflicted with a sinus infection during the trip, but had an enjoyable time being mildly medicated and breathing some fresh California air. The main event of our trip was The Who playing at the Hollywood Bowl. That's why we went down and it was well worth the many, many hours of driving. The food before and after was excellent, the company was pleasant, and the music was rocktastic. There's no substitute for a good family holiday.

1 comment:

Bessie said...

Just an additional piece of the trip pie (mind you,this was not a vacation- as there was very little rest or relaxation- just a lot of driving to a lot of delightful places). Kudos and great thanks to Seymour for the great Christmas present! Also, there were the additional pleasures of visits with old friends, and family, as well as spiritual moments at both the St. George and in a circle in Orange.
I was asked if I felt like a teenager at the concert. No, there were way too many other people of a certain age who made it impossible to ignore the mileage, if not the age. I must confess that the only time I was completely removed from the reality of "my generation" was when I saw Paul. For most of the concert I was 12 again. Bessie