Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Times is hard, or attend the ballad of Sweeney Todd

So, it has been almost a year since anyone in the Glass Family has posted to this blog, and I have been feeling guilty for almost that long. So, in spite of the fact that I am currently not in the best of moods, I am posting.
At the moment (and for the past 3 hours) I have been waiting to register Zooey for efy@byu. I am especially miffed because an hour ago I was number 39, and I am now number 930 something. I am also on eternal hold with the registration people to find out what happened. I assume that the site crashed, but is that any excuse for depriving me of my place in line?
Such things tend to annoy me more than they probably should. I am, in general, not bothered by lines. I can wait patiently in line at the bank, the grocery store, or even a stop light. But I am upset by unfairness, and this is really unfair. I get up, drive car pool, and before I even get a shower, I log on to the site to wait my turn. It's not as if I don't have a life, or for that matter, a job.
Ah, well. I will take a moment to meditate, in hopes of avoiding a heart attack brought on by stress and frustration. Excuse the venting, but I've no one to talk to, as my phone line is currently waiting in what I can only imagine is an equally long line. Is it worth it? I certainly hope so. Because if I get to the end of the 900 plus people, and cannot register my child for the weeks (and we are flexible as well), well - frankly, I'm old enough to know that there isn't much I can do about it. Except to either fume or explode, neither of which is productive. So, I guess I'll read the paper again, and dance to some Beach Boys. At least I'll get some exercise.
I do apologize for the negativity of this post, and will strive in future to improve the quality.

No comments: