Monday, October 23, 2006

How blessed the day

What a weekend! We rode home from the stake center yesterday and commented on how time had stood still while we listened to Elder Jeffrey Holland. It did truly seem like we were lifted out of our lives for a short time to a more beautiful place. I can't begin to explain all of the feelings, and insights gained this weekend.
We also had Bro. Jim and family for a visit. After visiting with them and visiting Mom at the old folks home, I retired to bed both tired and depressed. At first I thought it was because I hadn't managed to get Zooey up to shake Elder Holland's hand, nor did get myself there. Or maybe because of the continuing pain watching Mom leave us a memory at a time. I also had the unfortunate, but recurring feeling of unworthiness. After all , we had a new stake presidency called, and while E.Holland explained at length that there were many, many men worthy and able in our stake, this problem appears to be my little conduit to Screwtape. It doesn't help that I am surely in the midst of a sinus infection, hence a week long headache and that I want to avoid a doctor visit for - AFLAC.
As we read the BofM last night - 3N- almost to the great part, I realized why I was so low. Just as the people of Nephi wept to have the Savior leave them, so I weep to be out of the presence of his apostle, and back in the "real" world. So.... there it is. As W/W and Buddy and I discussed a few days ago, we are probably the ones holding up the second coming - E.H. said that if we couldn't do it in our stake, probably no one can - encouraging, and yet... not. So, up again this morning and on with the day to day - " Endure and save yourself for the days of happiness" Virgil. Bessie

4 comments:

Seymour Glass said...

well, and it's Buddy's birthday. i thought, from your title, that you would mention that Bessie.

Bessie said...

You are correct S. I am a terrible mother! Can you please forgive me Buddy?

Bessie said...

Also, we had a lovely party, and gifts were received and cake was eaten, and Happy Birthday was sung- albeit the day before the actual b-day. And dinner is planned for whatever day this week works best for the clan, and hopefully me forgetfulness is not a shapeof things to come. I love you Buddy - and the rest of you too!

Bessie said...

It was in fact a blessed day!